Chocoholics Anonymous Reps

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For sales reps of Chocoholics Anonymous Australia

4 posters

hello - is anyone there?

Michelle H
    Michelle H

hello - is anyone there? Empty hello - is anyone there?

Post  Michelle H Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:56 am

I am beginning to think I am talking to myself! lol

Is anyone else going to contribute to this place or not?? Wink
    Michelle H
    Michelle H

hello - is anyone there? Empty Re: hello - is anyone there?

Post  Michelle H Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:36 pm

So, 9 people read this but no one bothered to reply?? Shocked

Post  Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Bit scary, trying to work out how to use the forum.
    Thanks for setting it up though
    Julie White

Post  Julie White Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:39 am

Sorry Michelle, Have not been on for a few days. I am trying to get myself in a routine now that I have started Lachie in Day care on Thursday's - my day to catch up on Chocolates and housework and my time etc. Will try and log in more often and contribute more.
    Kylie Mc

Post  Kylie Mc Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:29 am

Hey sorry i will use it more but just befor christmas was busy for me with my husband have surgey in the 19th dec and so i was getting ocer it and than just after new years we get a letter from the RCH say that my son is to have surgey last week so i am still getting over that and getting ready for all the trips down to melboure but that what has to be done.so my plan is to get on hee once a week to have a meet and great the fellow Chocoholics Anonymous reps Laughing I love you pig

Post  Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:10 am

i'm here, i think Wink
    Nicole Lenkeit

Post  Nicole Lenkeit Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:11 pm

hi
    yes i am here.
    how many sample bags is everyone using at parties?
    Michelle H
    Michelle H

Post  Michelle H Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:34 pm

We are required to use a minimum of 4. I give 5 different ones as when I joined that was the rule. Sometimes I give six if I am in a generous mood and they are a fun bunch. Smile

However, sometimes if there is not enough of the product in the bag you need to use two bags of the one product. ie if someone asked to have choc orange suckers and they had 14 guests. I think (from memory) there is only 8 balls in the sample bag so you would need to use two bags of them to give every one a sample.

Some reps have been known to cut samples in half, I am not a fan of that and I am sure it would reflect badly too.

Sometimes it can work out cheaper to use a full size bag rather than sample bags. ie if 15 people at a party want to try super spots, there is only 5 pieces in a sample bag, so you would need 2 sample bags, that would work out way more expensive than using a full size bag. Smile

Can you tell I have been doing this a while?? lol

Post  Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:02 am

Your a wealth of information Michelle! So far the most popular samples i have had are the pretzels and the chewy louie. The caramoos and the coffee beans have not been well recieved at all, a pity becuase there are SO many beans in a bag Smile

I have sort of set my self a goal that 10 guests or more and I will add an extra flavour of sample, and i try and get the host to choose ones from through out the book so that they are sampling all the way through, not 4 off the first page then nothing.
    Michelle H
    Michelle H

Post  Michelle H Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:34 am

I actually offer a sample menu in their host kit. They need to give me two weeks notice to organise them. (to avoid paying $20 for express post). It is most of the samples listed except I remove ones that are not financially viable like the super spots. Smile

If they don't get back to me then I take about 10 -12 samples for them to choose from on the day. I think if you give them some input in to the samples it makes a big difference than just turning up and saying "these are your samples" and finding the host doesn't like any of them! lol

This is a copy of what I include.

SAMPLES MENU

Below is a list of all the products available as samples. Please select five bags to sample at your party. You can also purchase extra bags at $3.00 per bag*. If there is anything on not on the menu that you wish to try if you let me know I can try and organize to have it for your party.
    Please email your sample choice to – chocolateaddict@ymail.com as soon as possible. I need at least 2 weeks notice to organize them.
    If you have no preference on samples I can bring a selection on the day and you can chose from what I have with me.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Black adders Black magic
    Baby baby Black velvet
    Berry ripe Berrycream dreams
    Berry mix Brown babies
    Choc berries Chewy Louie
    Clingers Chocolate cashews
    Choc wigglies Coconut magic
    Dark berry bites Eskimos
    Maltilicious Milk poppers
    Milk black forest jellies Marble drops
    Milk coffee beans Milk choc pretzels
    Milky stumpies Milkmans specials
    Monkey bites Pink perfection
    Pineapple paradise Rainbow gems
    Strawberry dreams Spearmint specials
    Tropical magic White heaven
    White berrycream White poppers
    White berry bites

• Some samples may require more than one bag due to the size of the product.

If they want to try something that isn't on the list I try and get it for them and charge them what I pay for it. So, if they want the mousse I charge them $10.

*oops, it didn't post too well! lol Obviously I have two columns in the list. Smile

Post  Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:50 am

I tell the host what i have in stock and let them choose from my list. I didnt think to let them order in advance, just in case i didnt get the samples in time.

Looking at the samples i got today there are some i wont get again, 4 pce of licorice and the poppers to start with! It would be great if they could let us know how many of each sample are in a bag.

Witht the $3 you charge for extra bags, is that if they ask for a sample, eg the super spots, that will need more than 1 bag?
    Michelle H
    Michelle H

Post  Michelle H Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:59 am

I would keep the poppers in as samples, they are great sellers and have over 10 pieces in a bag. Most of them have at least 8 pieces.

The $3 is per bag. I don't offer super spots so if they want superspots they are charged $4.55 and I use a full size bag. If they have the 5 I supply then want, say, baby baby I charge $3 per bag that I will need. Although I usually only charge for one bag.

If they pre order and order extras I cover the smaller bags and charge them for the more generous ones so they are only paying for one bag.

I can tell you approximately how many samples are in each bag. The sample bags are done by weight so the actual number may change depending on the size of the product. I had a sample bag of stripey squares (not one I like to offer) and it had 5 in it, one was almost twice the size of the others, the other bag and 6 in it.. Usually if they want stripey squares I use a full size bag as it works out cheaper.

Post  Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:19 am

Thanks Michelle,

you are such a great help!!! when i have read what you do and letting us know .

i think you are a great help Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 am