Chocoholics Anonymous Reps

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For sales reps of Chocoholics Anonymous Australia

4 posters

Buying Samples - how many bags per party

Michelle R

Buying Samples - how many bags per party Empty Buying Samples - how many bags per party

Post  Michelle R Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm just wanting to find out how you order in your samples when you don't know how many people will be in attendance at the party. The samples need to be ordered prior to finding out the numbers attending, because by the time you get final numbers it doesn't leave enough time to order samples.

What does everyone else do, how do you know how many bags of samples to purchase.

Thanks Very Happy
    Nicole Lenkeit

Buying Samples - how many bags per party Empty Re: Buying Samples - how many bags per party

Post  Nicole Lenkeit Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:23 am

i always have sample bags in stock and ring the host the day before to find out approx numbers to work out what sample bags to take. normally all that said they are coming turn up so the host ends up with lots of samples at most of my parties and if lots more turn up then i just open full size bags for samples.
    Michelle R

Buying Samples - how many bags per party Empty Re: Buying Samples - how many bags per party

Post  Michelle R Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:27 am

So you are choosing the samples for the hostess, how do you know what she would be interested in or likes. I am giving my hosts a choice of samples and getting them in for them, as that is what my rep did for me whenever I had a party.
    Amanda D

Post  Amanda D Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:17 am

I always give the host a choice too. I ask them what samples they would like when they are booking the party. I usually get enough samples to cater for 20 people (As its never usually more then that). Or ask the host how many people she is inviting so you can get a rough idea. I usually have 2 sample bag of each unless its something like the bullets or marble drops which have a heap in them. Then if there is only a small number of guests that are there on the day I only use one. That way I don't get caught out not having enough samples and i have spare ones for future parties Smile
    Michelle H
    Michelle H

Post  Michelle H Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:37 pm

There is a list on here with approx pieces per bag.

I have a sample menu I put in the host packs. I tell them I need two weeks notice to organise samples. I then order 2 of each of the samples they pick. If I only use one, good, I can use the other for another party.

I always have at least 30 sample bags on hand. If someone doesn't get back to me in time I take about 10 different samples and let them pick from those. I usually ask when I ring to confirm numbers if there is anything they wanted to try and if I had it would bring it.

I think you need to give them choice. You might take licorice and find out the host can't stand it, or nuts and find out there are allergies etc..

I also usually take an extra sample or two so if there is not enough of one product (and I don't have it in full size) I offer an extra sample (usually something that has heaps in it).

We are not allowed to cut samples in half.

Michelle R

Post  Michelle R Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:45 am

Thank you for your answer, I'm sure I will get in the swing of things with the sample.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 pm